I finally found the link to the news story about the 2014 Breckenridge Craft Spirits Festival, Still on the Hill. CopperMuse was awarded two Gold Medals for our Vertueux Vodka and Gold Rum. Congratulations to all the Craft Distillers for such an awesome event and world-class libations.
The spirits were judged in a double-blind taste test by a panel of industry experts: Tom Fischer, host and producer of BourbonBlog; Nancy Fraley, writer and organoleptic analysis expert; and Eric Watson, international beverage consultant.
The panel bestowed six gold and 15 silver judgments.
The awards were based on the quality of each spirit with regard to taste, smell, integrity and smoothness and not as a ranking of spirits against one another.
“This format of judging helps raise the quality of the emerging craft spirits industry as a whole because our products are being judged on their intrinsic merit,” said Jordan Via, master distiller at Breckenridge Distillery.
2014 “Judgment on the Hill” Spirits Awards
• 808 Distillery Leo’s Limoncello
• CopperMuse Gold Rum
• CopperMuse Vertueux Vodka
• J & L Distillery FYR Cinnamon Liqueur
• Roundhouse Gin
• Snova Vodka
• Black Canyon Distillery Mayhem Creek Pepper Vodka
• Bone Spirits Moody June American Dry Gin
• Distillery 291 Aspen Stave Rye
• Golden Moon Distillery Dry Curacao
• J & L Distillery Sno Gin
• Mile High Spirits Cuidado Tequila
• Mile High Spirits Denver Dry Gin
• Roundhouse Spirits Imperial Barrel Aged Gin
• Santa Fe Spirits Wheeler’s Gin
• Spirit Hound Distillers’ Gin
• Stranahan’s Colorado Whiskey
• Wood’s High Mountain Distillery Tenderfoot Whiskey
• Woody Creek Stobrawa Reserve Vodka
• Woody Creek Vodka
• Wyoming Whiskey